Fall of leaves


Hi there! These weeks are very busy and my mojo seems to be on holiday too... so I'm trying to find the time to use something different in order to inspire the creativity process.
For this card I used Perfect Pearls for the first time. Since I have to practice using them as they are, I decided to try as watercolors. I only own the "Interference Green" one, so I combined it with the couple of leaves from the latest So Suzy Stamps release.

Ciao a tutti! Queste settimane sono davvero molto impegnative - penso di averlo già scritto...- e l'ispirazione sembra essersi presa una vacanza... per cui ho cercato di rinvigorire il processo creativo prendendomi del tempo per sperimentare nuovi prodotti (chiusi nel cassetto da un po').
Per questa card ho utilizzato per la prima volta Perfect Pearls. Visto che devo fare pratica, ho deciso di utilizzarli come se fossero acquarelli. Possiedo solo la sfumatura "Interference Green", per cui ho deciso di abbinarla alla coppia di foglie dell'ultima release di So Suzy Stamps.


This card has an amazing dark and iridescent look - I know it's finally spring, but I love challenges and I really like how this turned out.
First of all, I stamped a bunch of leaves onto a piece of black cardstock with Versamark Ink in order to heat emboss them with clear embossing powder.

Questa card ha un meraviglioso aspetto dark e iridescente - so che finalmente è arrivata la primavera, ma adoro le sfide, mi sentivo di creare una card più autunnale e adoro il risultato ottenuto.
Prima di tutto, ho stampato un po' di foglie su del cartoncino nero con del Versamark, allo scopo di embossarle con della polvere trasparente.


At this point I took a bit of Perfect Pearl powder, I placed it on my craft mat, I sprinkled some drops of water on it and I mixed the pigment and the water with a make-up brush. At this point I covered the leaves with a generous amount of wet pigment and I let them dry completely.


I cut them out and I blended some Black Soot Distress Ink all over the edges.

Le ho ritagliate e ho sfumato i contorni con del Distress Ink Black Soot.


Then I took a piece of grey textured cardstock, I deepened up the borders with a bit of Black Soot as well and I heat embossed the "Simple Be You" sentiment in black.
At the end I only needed to fix the leaves to the cardstock with glue and admire how beautifully they shine!

Poi ho preso del cartoncino grigio, ho scurito i bordi con del Black Soot e ho embossato l'augurio "Simple Be You".
Alla fine ho solo dovuto incollare le foglie sul cartoncino ed ammirarne lo splendore!


I really love the elegant and melancholic look of this card, as well as the metallic shine of the leaves: I just want to buy more colors of Perfect Pearls right now!

Sono davvero soddisfatta dell'aspetto elegante e melanconico di questa card, così come della lucentezza metallica delle foglie: mi sa proprio che dovrò comprare altre Perfect Pearls!


Supplies used:


Open Leaves


Simple Be You

You May Also Like

0 commenti